Slice of Life Story Challenge March 7 - Line In the Sand Moments



A List of Exasperations








Listened to a parent becoming exasperated with the antics of a small child in a public place today. A small child who ferociously resisted all attempts at redirection. Finally, the parent lent in closely to the child and through gritted teeth quietly shared those oft repeated words, ‘I’ve just about had enough!’ 
Woo, line in the sand time, for that little person… Red lights and sirens. 

Think about it. Throughout our lives as parents there are lots of times when we have had enough. Times when we have had enough and can’t take anyone to quote the late Peter Finch in the film,  Network. 

So, I made a list. I’m not sure if it helps, but it certainly shows that in this world there are many things that drive parents to distraction. If you are a parent, you might even hear yourself at some point in my list.

Things Parents Have Had Enough Of

Cheek
Lip
Backchat
Nonsense
Arguing
Bickering
Squabbling
Flies
Heat
Crowds
Waiting
Squealing
Questions
Answering back
Dirty looks
Tantrums
Excuses
Lies
Rain
Wind
Shouting 
Loud music
Children and dogs being inside
The neighbour’s mower
Shenanigans 
All this carry on

Comments

  1. I'm not a parent, but I'm a teacher, and there are moments when I've just about had enough! Thanks for sharing your list...I found some definite connections on there.

    Aggiekesler.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that such frustrations can occur in different situations and classrooms do occasionally have the potential to throw up frustrating circumstances. Thank you for responding.

      Delete
  2. Yes, we do get to that place of "I've had enough_________!" I'm with Bonnie on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all with Bonnie on this one Elsie. Even from this distance, it's exasperating.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular With Other Visitors

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Action VERBS! Guest Blogger, Elaine Hirsch Returns

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Writing Opposite Poems