New POETRY Book Release!


BOOK RELEASE
YEAH!



I am so pleased to announce the release of my new poetry book, I Bet There's No Broccoli On The Moon -More Poetry From the Search Zone.

This anthology of poems follows on from my first collection of poems, the successful,  Searching For Hen's Teeth.



You can order my book on line or simply walk into your local bookstore and ask the kind person serving you to order it in for you. Either way, I hope you enjoy it. May the words reach your poet's heart.

Here is a taste, a morsel to whet your appetite for more poetry. Hope you like it. Hope you want more...



YESTERDAY

Yesterday,
I knew who my enemies were.
I knew where they lived.
I knew not to go there.
Yesterday, I knew where to play on the school ground
And that football was my favourite game in the whole
wide world.
Yesterday, I knew how disgusting it was to eat sheep
brains
And broccoli.
And oysters.
Yesterday, I could fly a kite,
Keep a secret,
And swing from the clothesline.
The world felt settled.
Then Laura Fisher spoke to me.
Now a million weird worries surround me,

And I’m not sure if I will survive grade 5.

Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Action VERBS! Guest Blogger, Elaine Hirsch Returns

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals: