Developing the HABIT of Writing- Notebook Routines by Ruth Ayres


I recommend this recent post by Ruth Ayres in which she discusses the importance of developing routines for writing in your writer's notebook. 

Like Ruth, I strongly believe that the secret to growing writers is to establish routines and expectation around writing. Quarantining time for writing to develop is essential. I find myself becoming twitchy if I don't feed my writing habit. It has become part of who I am. 

Go to: http://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/notebook-routines/

'By using notebooks on a regular basis, students can learn to catch ideas and allow them to grow between writing workshops.'
Ruth Ayres

Comments

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals:

Writing Opposite Poems