Reflections On The Slice of Life Story Challenge March 2011

Once again I am pleased that I was able to last the distance, to meet the challenge of writing and posting a writing slice every day for the month of March. I became even more aware of those internal machinations of my sometimes scrambled mind, as I pondered my daily posting. The rehearsal was continual. It was stimulating. Words and phrases tumbled around in my brain and I played with ideas until at last I settled on my daily script. Then I sat at the computer and the words spilled onto the screen.

Being involved in SOLSC teaches you to be disciplined as a writer and raises your awareness of small moments in a day and their potential as a focus for writing. It heightens the writer’s awareness of the near world.

Through my participation, I have met new writers and given and received feedback. My horizons have been extended as I have read about the lives of others in areas far removed from mine.  As much as we are different, we share a sense of community and fellowship. Happy, sad, weird and wonderful ideas have been shared through our respective postings. I have been extended as a writer.

This is the third year I have participated in this writing challenge and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. As usual, it provided a great learning experience...

Comments

  1. Alan,
    Thank you for your reflective thoughts. I so ditto what you said. My favorite phrase is "those internal machinations of my sometimes scrambled mind". You verbalized what I was thinking. This SOLC has pushed me as a writer. I've taken risks and played with words. I marvel at the molding of words others use and then try it myself. Your slices have mentored my creations. Thank you. MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just noticed the comment date, it's still yesterday here!
    Wasn't this a great month! I am looking forward to reading more from you on Tuesdays and next March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you reflected on SOLS heightening awareness throughout the day. This is so true since, especially for the month long challenge, looking for something to write about each day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular With Other Visitors

Learning How to 'Zoom In' When Writing

Answering Questions Posed by Young POETS

Writing Irresistible LEADS with Grade One Students

Action VERBS! Guest Blogger, Elaine Hirsch Returns

Writing About Reading - Reading Reflection Journals: